Welcome to Cinders Barbecues
Firstly, there are no messy ‘cinders’ in a CINDERS barbecue!
A British Gas office needed a barbecue for its charity events, and Bill Cooke was the employee who took up the design challenge. He patented the new product and within two years it was in the Calor Gas mainline catalogue, and promoted throughout their network. Complete UK distribution soon followed, as demand quickly grew.
To be whisked from a humble design brief to national recognition was truly a Cinderella Story, and the brand name CINDERS was born.
"We don’t make them to look pretty’’, says Simon Fort, Works Manager, "we just pile in the quality and they turn out like that’’.
Simon, and Quality Co-ordinator Denise Hodgkinson have been with us for over twenty years, and both hold firmly to production standards that are sometimes thought old-fashioned.
When BS 5750 Quality Registration wasn’t a requirement, we registered and used it as a benchmark. When ISO 9001:2008 replaced it, we went straight for the most stringent level and brought in the British Standards Institute for CE Approvals and EC Registration.
We supplied the Technical Officer to the Gas Barbecue Association during the development of European Standard EN 498:1997 (now 2012) and consulted over critical issues with BSI, which did most of the work.
We were the only manufacturer on the European Rental Association panel which revised their LP gas safe Code of Practice.
Our simple versatility and rugged no-nonsense construction has appealed to a very wide customer base. They range from;
- All the major European rental companies (HSS, Boels Verhuur, Kiloutou).
- The girl on Blackburn market who cooked pizza under pan lids.
- The ‘Chelsea Pensioners’ who ordered ‘’another one of your wonderful barbecues”.
- All the major Contract Caterers.
- Innumerable schools, universities and fund raisers.
- Major pub and hotel chains.
- All the major zoos. National Trust, Warwick Castle, Centre Parcs,
- Film and TV catering.
- Music festivals.
- Charity events.
- Sports clubs, etc., etc.
JUST A SMALL SELECTION OF OUR CUSTOMERS
- Wimbledon Rugby Club
- Kempton Park Jockey Club
- Parkstone Yacht Club
- Hayling Island Sailing Club
- Oak Park Golf Club
Schools and Universities
- Benenden School
- St Dunstans College
- University of Creative Arts
- Universities of Liverpool John Moores, Reading, Kent, Warwick, Manchester and Birmingham
- London Business School
Hotels, pubs, restaurants, catering and leisure venues
- Hilton, Marriott and Radisson hotels
- Eurest at BSkyB
- Beungo at Stirling Castle
- Warwick Castle
- Haven Leisure
- Colchester Zoo
- Banham Zoo
- Youngs Brewery Pubs
- National Trust
- RMB Chivenor
- Royal Armouries
- 19th Regiment Royal Artillery
Butchers and Hire Companies
- J W Mettrick & Son
- HSS Hire
- Ev-ent Hire
- Essex Events Management
- Cairns & Scott Caterhire